VTE Matters: Inspire
A train the trainer style meeting designed to assist delegates in the development and delivery of their own 'in-house' thromboprophylaxis education.
Date, time and location: Tuesday 5th November 2019, 10:00–16:30, Macdonald Manchester Hotel, London Rd, Manchester, M1 2PG
- To discuss the key factors influencing effective thromboprophylaxis, including risk assessment, chemical and mechanical thromboprophylaxis, and the NICE guidelines for the prevention of hospital-acquired thrombosis (HAT)
- To identify key content for a local VTE education prevention programme for hospital staff
- To discuss key strategies for the delivery of effective local thromboprophylaxis education and enable attendees to facilitate a comprehensive VTE prevention programme in their own trusts
VTE Matters: Inspire Managing VTE in Obstetrics
A collaborative meeting to explore key factors underpinning the implementation of effective thromoboprohylaxis in a maternity setting.
Date, time and location: Thursday 5th December 2019, 09:30–16:30, Radisson Blu Edwardian, Grafton, 130 Tottenham Court Rd, Bloomsbury, London W1T 5AY
- To discuss VTE and the rationale underpinning its prevention and with specific reference to its causes and consequences.
- To discuss key principles underpinning risk assessment for VTE and the implementation of the NICE quality standards.
- To identify strategies for developing best practice regarding the implementation of effective thromboprophylaxis in maternity departments and the maintenance of maternal safety.
To register your interest in attending either of these meetings please email VTEMatters@sanofi.com with your name, title, phone number and the hospital you work at.